Thursday 12 June 2008

The Foo keep on fighting - and they do it so well!


Last night Foo Fighters visited Bergen and me, my friends and about 20.000 others (here represented by the weird guy with writing on his forehead) went to see them live at Koengen. An outdoor concert is always risky, especially when it's been raining all week, but the weather Gods were kind and kept the dark clouds away. As I'm not a huge Foo Fighters fan, I didn't have big expectations to the concert, which made it even greater when the concert turned out to be energetic, entertaining and fun! They played a lot of songs from the one CD I have (...) so I could actually sing along to some of the songs - this may not have enriched the concert experience for my fellow consertfriends, but it made it a whole lot more fun for me. I have seen from their music videos they have a good sense of humour, but I was still surprised by the vocalists ability to make the audience burst out in laughter. Truly a funny guy. My favourite quote: "Oh my God, you guys are crazy... are you aware of that you just applauded to an triangle solo???"


The music is one part of the experience, but this night it was just as much about all the other little things... hanging out with friends eating and drinking working eachother up talking about the concert and what fun we are about to have. Flirting with the cute guy a couple of meters away while The Foo were working their magic onstage. And of course the visit to our favourite club afterwards. It was a Wednesday a bit out of the ordinary for me - staying out until four in the morning knowing I had to get up early the next day and do an honest days work for ohh...about 8 hours... I must admit when the alarm went of at 7.30 I didn't really feel well rested, still I wouldn't be the experience without. And the Foo Fighters have got themselves a new fan.

Love,
E

1 comment:

onthebeach said...

Hello Thug!

You inspired my blog for today, as you will probably see.

I thank thee.