Thursday 26 June 2008

Ahh... summer is here!

Yes, the day has come. When I left work today I though - I'm not coming back here for four weeks! It was a great feeling. Tonight I'm off to Greece for two weeks of fun and sun in deliciously hot Rethymnon ( or Rethynjemi as my co-traveler insists on calling it - I have no idea why she would insist on calling it something that makes me think of Finland - Matti Nykenen and pale skinny boys with gold necklaces... but she does. ) Our hotel is located on the beach (OK, there is a road dividing the hotel from the ocean, but it doesn't show on the pictures, so I'm pretty sure it's just made up by competitors or something). The hotel has no jacuzzi, no swimming pool, no breakfast and no friendly receptionist but we have two beds and an ocean view, so it's all good. 20 meters from the ocean and about 200 meters from downtown with shopping, restaurants and bars...I think we'll enjoy ourselves. My friend keep getting these warnings - be careful, the Greek boys can be quite charming... it makes me laugh. There is nothing we want more then meet some charming, local Greek fellas that can show us a good time!! I would be lying if I said we went to Greece for the good food and to get to know the culture...!

As always the goal for me packing-wise is to bring just the right number of party-tops, shoes and bikinis, but I'm pretty sure I've brought with me way to much this time to. But instead of re-packing, I will set my pride in wearing all five bikinis at least once! Oh well, time to do the last details of the packing and get going. My friend will be here in just about one hour to pick me up and we'll head for the airport and charming Rethymnon.
I wish you all a fun summer holiday. I will try to blog directly from Greece (Don't wanna let my hordes of fans down) but can't make any promises. Just rest assure that if you don't hear from me, I AM having fun! I can guarantee it.

Love,
E

2 comments:

Darling Nikki said...

I miss you already. And you're still only at the Bergen airport. Two weeks without that beautiful, charming appearance of yours, how will I cope?

Oh well, I will stay here in Bergen one more week with my summer job, just hoping you will keep me updated on your blog. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Man must you have had fun... Are you ever going to blog again?