Sunday 18 May 2008

Doc almighty


I just had a trip to the doctor. The reason why is not important (a visit to the doctor is a personal thing, you shouldn't even be asking!) but I always find it a bit amusing. I really respect those who chooses to become doctors, because I think it's admirable that they want to spend their life helping others, and also I just assume they are very smart as you need good grades to get into med.school. That's why I automatically assume they know everything and can solve every little problem I may have just by handing me a this-will-solve-your-problems-pill. BUT, this is not always the case. I find my doctor a bit funny - he doesn't mean to be, but I'm still amused by his unclear answers to whatever I ask. Nothing is certain, there are always a number of different reasons for my problems and just as many things that can happen after taking the medicine he gives me. Still I always leave feeling better than when I came. Confused, but better.

I would like to share with you some of my favourite doctor Rufus's quotes:

- "it's not dangerous, so it's nothing to worry about, but if it's any consolation - this is the worst case I have ever seen"

- "Well, I guess this could be a bit uncomfortable, but we are not 17 years old any of us, so it should be fine" - spoken as I enter "the chair".

Dedicated to Doctor Rufus - my hero.

Love,

E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?? You RESPECT people who decide to study medicine & who devote their life to the well-being of other people??
Well, it is a good thing that I finally get to find out what you think of me. And I that thought you thought I was a lot of fun & a hell of a ballet dancer!